Available Job Opportunities at the Biltmore
On-Call Banquet Housemen
The On-Call Banquet Houseperson is responsible for setting up, breaking down, cleaning and refreshing banquet function spaces in a timely manner according to specifications. This position requires the ability to work independently, read and follow floor plans, work nights, overnights, weekends and holidays if needed. This is an on-call position working on an as needed basis.
Corporate Sales Manager
The Providence Biltmore - a Curio Collection by Hilton is currently accepting applications for an experienced Corporate Sales Manager. This is both a rewarding and challenging opportunity. We are looking for a minimum of 3 years in a Hotel Sales position - specializing in the Corporate Market. The Sales Manager is responsible for enhancing the profitability of the hotel by soliciting and securing group and non-group business. Also responsible for contributing to the successful operation of the hotel’s sales department to maximize the revenue of the hotel.
- Knowledge of Hilton OnQ Property Management System, Delphi, and Micosoft products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
The Providence Biltmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability The Providence Biltmore is a drug free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing and background check are required.
Applicants can download an application from our site, visit First Source RI https://www.pcrecruiter.net/pcrbin/regfirst.aspx?uid=city%20of%20providence.cityofprovidence or forward your resume to email@example.com
Director of Catering
The Director of Catering is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the Catering and Banquet departments, while maintaining a profitable operation and quality products and service levels. The Director of Catering is expected to maximize revenues and exceed budgeted revenues and to develop and implement strategies to increase the business. S/he must act as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business. Must have experience with creating a budget, revenue & forecasting. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
Long hours sometimes required, weekends and holidays required.
- Medium work- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, solving problems as necessary
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
Duties & Job Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner. Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Finard Properties standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel(s).
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Comply at all times with Finard Properties standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Hire, train, coach and counsel employees.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Oversee Conference Service Manager productivity.
- Monitor quality of service in Banquets.
- Assist in menu planning and preparation.
- Assist in development of departmental budget.
- Know meeting room sets and capabilities.
- Develop Catering action plans on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Set up “Most Wanted” and “Top 20” client lists.
- Establish solicitation goals, and monitor to ensure that revenue goals and solicitation goals are met or exceeded.
- Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business.
- Enforce all department SOP’s.
- Establish market segment lists.
- Audit Function Space in Delphi.
- Meet and greet in-house guests upon arrival.
- Manage booking pace and set pace goals.
- Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s).
- Complete all month-end Catering reports.
- Understand incentive program.
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health sanitation regulations.
- Organize and conduct department meetings in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, and quarterly actions plans.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Finard standards.
- Train and develop the Catering and Banquet management teams.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Interview candidates for the front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Offer and implement innovative ideas, methods, and procedures to further streamline the departments.
- Plan and execute holiday brunches and other special events.
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner Evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Participate in required MOD programs as scheduled.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Front Office Manager
The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Office, Guest Service, Night Audit and Supervisors, in an attentive, friendly, professional, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. It is the responsibility of the Front Office Manager to train and coach all team members on the expectations of the front desk, promote a service culture of enhanceing the guest experience and making memorable moments. Ensuring the Desk Staff is aware of business goals, Universal Service Standards, HHonors programs, groups/events in house and Universal Standard Behaviors. The Front Office Manager reports directly to the General Manger and oversees Supervisors, Guest Service Agents, Guest Service Coordinators and Night Audit.
Education & Experience:
- At least 4 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; with a four-year college degree
- Supervisory experience and customer service experience required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products including Excel, Outlook, Word. OnQ PMS experience highly desired.
The Banquet Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the execution of assigned banquet events to ensure optimum performance, superior guest service, and maximum profitability of all functions; maintaining quality, service, and operating standards as established by brand to ensure quality and consistency; adhering to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements and serving as Banquet Manager in his/her absence. The Banquet Supervisor will be expected to back up the Banquet Manager in processing payroll, producing schedules based on functions scheduled, train new hires, ensure TIPs certifications are valid.
The Banquet Supervisor must be able to work flexible shifts as dictated by business demands to include weekends, holidays and most evening events. This position will require previous Banquet experience to include serving / Banquet Captain experience as well as previous Supervisory Experience.
The Providence Biltmore is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Vets/Disability
The Providence Biltmore is a drug free work environment, pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
Applications may be downloaded from this site or you may visit First Source at : http://www.pcrecruiter.net/pcrbin/employer.aspx?uid=city%20of%20providence.cityofprovidence
How to Apply:
To apply for one of these positions, please visit the City of Providence's Economic Development site: First Source.
You may also apply online, download an application for mailing, or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t see something now, feel free to apply anyway for future openings. We would like to connect with you so that we may begin building a relationship for the future.
When applying for a position with the Providence Biltmore, be sure to compare the requirements with your availability, education, and experience before submitting your application. Human Resources will review your application and schedule an interview with the top applicants for each position. We strive to contact qualified applicants within five business days. Due to the high volume of applications received for each position, we are not able to contact each applicant.
Our Job Hotline number: 401-455-3164
The Providence Biltmore supports a drug free work environment. Successful completion of pre-employment drug and background screenings are a condition of employment. The Providence Biltmore is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are filled according to the requirements of the job and qualifications of the applicant without regard to race, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
EOE/M/F/V/D APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER